OMAN INVESTMENT FUND: JOB DESCRIPTION
Position:††††††††††††††††††††† Investment Manager Ė Real estate,
Tourism and Culture
Reporting Line:†††††††††† Investment
Fund was founded in 2006 by the Government of Oman. The Fund is based in Muscat
and is considered the first government direct investment fund in Oman.
The fund is governed by a board of directors and an executive committee.
OIF has a broad
investment mandate to invest directly in virtually all industries both within
the Sultanate and overseas. Since inception, OIF has made several investments
in private equity as well as listed companies and has developed and currently
concluding a strong list of potential investments. Industries have included
banking, media, energy, infrastructure, telecommunications as well as real
OIF cultivates a
thriving entrepreneurial environment seeking to maximize return to investors
through attracting high calibre, experienced, well qualified, investment
professionals to deliver its growth potential.
The Investment Manager will be responsible
for sourcing, analysing, executing and monitoring direct investment
transactions.† The key responsibilities of the Investment Manager are:
- Planning development programs for Real
Estate, Tourism and Culture projects with a true differentiated value-add,
creating vibrant and economically successful destinations in Oman.
- Screening investment opportunities
locally and internationally and the preparation of a summary, preliminary
review to determine whether to proceed to a full review.
- Analysing the market position of
investment opportunities and providing reports as to the attractiveness of
the opportunities, with clear solutions for improvement and enrichment of
- Creating valuation models and providing
valuation input for each investment opportunity.
- Creating financial models to assess the
potential returns of each investment opportunity.
- Drawing up detailed final proposals on real-estate
development and investment opportunities.
- Liaising with and coordinating external
due diligence with specialist advisors.
- Coordinating internally and externally to
ensure successful completion of each approved transaction and the
execution of all required documentation.
- Preparing reports, based on research
undertaken to identify countries/industries offering attractive investment
opportunities and determining the optimum approach to be adopted.
- Undertaking ongoing monitoring of
portfolio companies, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly and
annual reports on each portfolio company for internal purposes.
- Preparing quarterly reports on the Fundís
direct investment portfolio, including update assessments on each
- Assessing exit opportunities for the
- Developing a network of existing and new
contacts to enable the Fund to identify potential direct investment
opportunities within the Sultanate of Oman and internationally.
Profile and Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in direct
private equity, including a track record of having managed different
stages of the private equity investment process.
- Alternatively a minimum of 6 years of
post-MBA experience split between direct private equity and industry.
- Master of Finance/Business Administration
- Bachelorís Degree of Finance/Accounting/
or Business Administration
- CFA qualification is desirable.
- A direct experience in real-estate
investments, development and destination planning is a strong
- Excellent analytical and financial
modelling skills.† Ability to grasp key transaction structuring issues.
- Excellent verbal and written English
language skills plus fluency in at least one other major language useful
for investment purposes.
- Ability to adapt easily to live in a
different cultural environment.
- Ability to work in a structured manner in
time-critical situations with short deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task numerous issues
apply, please send your CV to email@example.com and quote
in the subject the Job Code (JD-IN-INM-TC) in
no later than 18/02/2018