OMAN INVESTMENT FUND: JOB DESCRIPTION
Manager Ė Emerging Sector
Reporting Line:†††††††††† Investment Director
Fund was founded in 2006 by the Government of Oman. The Fund is based in Muscat and is considered the first government direct
investment fund in Oman.
The fund is governed by a board of directors and an executive committee.
OIF has a broad
investment mandate to invest directly in virtually all industries both within
the Sultanate and overseas. Since inception, OIF has made several investments
in private equity as well as listed companies and has developed and currently
concluding a strong list of potential investments. Industries have included
banking, media, energy, infrastructure, telecommunications as well as real
OIF cultivates a
thriving entrepreneurial environment seeking to maximize return to investors
through attracting high calibre, experienced, well qualified, investment
professionals to deliver its growth potential.
The Investment Manager will be responsible
for sourcing, analysing, executing and monitoring direct investment
transactions.† The key responsibilities
of the Investment Manager are:
- Planning development programs for Emerging Sector projects with
a true differentiated value-add, creating vibrant and economically
successful destinations in Oman.
- Screening investment opportunities locally and internationally
and the preparation of a summary, preliminary review to determine whether to
proceed to a full review.
- Analysing the market position of investment opportunities and
providing reports as to the attractiveness of the opportunities, with
clear solutions for improvement and enrichment of propositions.
- Creating valuation models and providing valuation input for
each investment opportunity.
- Creating financial models to assess the potential returns of
each investment opportunity.
- Drawing up detailed final proposals on real-estate development
and investment opportunities.
- Liaising with and coordinating external due diligence with
- Coordinating internally and externally to ensure successful
completion of each approved transaction and the execution of all required
- Preparing reports, based on research undertaken to identify
countries/industries offering attractive investment opportunities and
determining the optimum approach to be adopted.
- Undertaking ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies,
including the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports on each
portfolio company for internal purposes.
- Preparing quarterly reports on the Fundís direct investment
portfolio, including update assessments on each investment.
- Assessing exit opportunities for the Fundís investments.
- Developing a network of existing and new contacts to enable the
Fund to identify potential direct investment opportunities within the
Sultanate of Oman and internationally.
Profile and Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in direct private equity,
including a track record of having managed different stages of the private
equity investment process.
- Alternatively a minimum of 6 years of post-MBA experience split
between direct private equity and industry.
- Master of Finance/Business Administration is preferable.
- Bachelorís Degree of Finance/Accounting/ or Business
- CFA qualification is desirable.
- A direct experience in real-estate investments, development and
destination planning is a strong differentiator.
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills.† Ability to grasp key transaction
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills plus
fluency in at least one other major language useful for investment
- Ability to adapt easily to live in a different cultural
- Ability to work in a structured manner in time-critical
situations with short deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task numerous issues simultaneously.
apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and
quote in the subject the Job Code (JD-IN-INM-ES) in
no later than 18/02/2018