OMAN INVESTMENT FUND: JOB DESCRIPTION
Associate Ė Emerging Sector
Reporting Line:†††††††††† Investment Director
Oman Investment Fund was founded in 2006 by the Government of Oman. The Fund is based in Muscat
and is considered the first government direct investment fund in Oman. The fund is governed by a board of directors and an executive
OIF has a broad
investment mandate to invest directly in virtually all industries both within
the Sultanate and overseas. Since inception, OIF has made several investments
in private equity as well as listed companies and has developed and currently
concluding a strong list of potential investments. Industries have included
banking, media, energy, infrastructure, telecommunications as well as real
OIF cultivates a
thriving entrepreneurial environment seeking to maximize return to investors
through attracting high calibre, experienced, well
qualified, investment professionals to deliver its growth potential.
The Investment Associate
will be responsible for analyzing, executing and
monitoring direct investment transactions.†
The key responsibilities of the Investment Executive are:
- Screening investment opportunities
and preparing summary and preliminary reviews to determine whether to
proceed to a full review.
- Analysing the industries and the
market position of investment opportunities and provide reports as to the
attractiveness of the opportunities.
- Creating valuation models and
provide valuation input for each investment opportunity.
- Creating financial models to assess
the potential returns of each investment opportunity.
- Liaising and coordinating external
due diligence with specialized advisors.
- Coordinating internally and
externally to ensure successful completion of each approved transaction
and the execution of all required documentation.
- Preparing reports, based on research
undertaken to identify countries/industries offering attractive investment
opportunities and determining the optimum approach to be
- Undertaking ongoing monitoring of
portfolio companies, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly and
annual reports on each portfolio company for internal purposes.
- Assessing exit opportunities for the
Profile and Requirements
- Bachelorís Degree of Finance/Accounting/ or Business
- 6 years of work experience.
- Ideally direct private equity experience, including
the different stages of the private equity
investment process. A direct experience in real-estate investments and
development is a strong differentiator.
- Excellent technical skills including analytical and financial
modelling skills gained form their work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills plus
fluency in at least one other major language useful for investment
- Ability to adapt easily to live in a different cultural
- Ability to work in a structured manner in time-critical
situations with short deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task numerous issues simultaneously.
apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and
quote in the subject the Job Code (JD-IN-INAS-ES) in
no later than 18/02/2018